Technology can certainly be used to solve complex problems across board.
It is, therefore, important to let students, who are students at Government owned universities that, Nigeria’s leading payment solution.
Remita, has simplified the process of paying school fees, from anywhere and at any time.
Let us start with an introduction of what Remita, the platform simplifying payments, is all about.
Remita, is a multi-device platform that enables you to view all your bank balances – from different banks – on a single screen, easily transfer money to one, or, more beneficiaries, pay bills, view detailed transaction reports on-the-go and much more.
This is the solution that powers Treasury Single Account, (TSA) and before the platform came fully on stream, the Federal Government had 20,000 bank accounts but this software converged all of them into one single account.
Good thing is that it also helps organisations as well as individuals and not government alone.
Therefore, if you need to make any payments, including your school fees, then, you can count on this homegrown solution, to help you get this done.
In this post, we are going to show you, how to make payments of your fees, particularly, if you attend a Federal institution.
The first step, is to generate, what is called, the RRR – (Remita Retrieval Reference)
The RRR, is a unique code that makes it easy for any transaction on the platform, to be tracked.
Remember, Remita is used for a variety of transactions, such as payments and collections by Ministries, Agencies and Departments, at all levels, as well as, millions of organisations and individuals.
How to generate RRR Code:
- Go to www.remita.net
- Click the icon “Pay FGN and State TSA”, (assuming this is your aim)
- Select “Federal Government of Nigeria” (in the case a Federal government owned school)
- A new tab will open on your screen, where you can enter the name of the institution, e.g “University of Nigeria, Nsukka”
- Select purpose of payment, e.g “UNN School Fees”
- Enter amount and required information, as displayed
- Click proceed, to automatically generate RRR code
- RRR code, will be displayed on your screen.
- Payment can be made, once RRR Code has been generated
- To pay immediately, on the same page, select your preferred payment method, enter required details and click submit
- Remita accepts payments, through debit/credit cards, mobile wallet and through other forms of payments
- An e-invoice, is automatically generated and sent to your email address
- To pay later, using the e-invoice, visit the website again, select the icon ‘Pay a Biller’, select the option ‘Pay e-invoice’’, enter the RRR, fill in the required details and click “Submit”
- You can also use the RRR code to pay, at any commercial and microfinance bank, nationwide
- Remita issues an e-receipt, for every successful transaction
- After making payment at the bank, you can go back to remita.net to print your Remita Payment Receipt
Remita also allows businesses to conveniently receive payments from customers, in a faster manner, through nine different channels, including the Remita Mobile App and Website, Internet Banking, Point of Sales, (PoS), Terminals, Debit/Credit.
Featured Image: stcharlesedu